Project Description: Development of a $5 billion alumina refinery and associated infrastructure in Guinea, West Africa. Design and Construction of a 3 mtpa greenfield alumina refinery laid out for expansion to 4.5 mtpa. Design and Construction of the associated infrastructure
– Power and Steam Plant
– Port for export of alumina and import of fuel, caustic and supplies
– Container Port
– 14 km railroad spur, access road and dolomite quarry
– Red Mud Disposal and Dams for water supply, containment of runoff
– Global Alumina Operators’ Village
– Bridge over Tinguilinta River and minor railway upgrade.